Aside from being the 8th month in the 12-month calendar year, august is also an adjective meaning worthy of great admiration, or reverence. I feel like there's so much satisfaction to be gotten out of life, and so much to revere. I describe everything, from a groovy guitar riff to an involved piece of origami as "awesome" anyway so it seems like I'm wide open.
Since I can't zero in on one, two or even three things that inspire reverence in me, I'll treat you to a (drastically abridged) list of that which makes me think "august". Also, lists are awesome.
Acts of genuine kindness
Instances of real talent, in any area
The way that logic makes sense
The way it feels that sometimes the world puts on a show to dampen its otherwise blinding beauty
The blinding beauty of the world that is so obvious wherever you look, if only you just look
Humans and their limitless capacity for harm and for good
The whole phenomenon of thought and active reasoning
Any and all philosophers
The fact that the capacity to love is just as vital to sustaining life as the ability to imbibe water
That last fact, again
That there is a natural order and pattern to things and that it is not secret
August, most august
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment